Topic: How did the universe begin?

I cannot seem to get my head around the big bang theory at all. To me it doesnt make sense that there wasnt anything before the big bang...Surely space is needed for something to be created in (the big bang) in the first place? What do you think did the universe start from a big bang?

Re: How did the universe begin?

What i want to know is what the universe is expanding into? Is the point of the universe the mystery of the universe and once someone figures out the point of universe then the universe becomes pointless and stops? Oh no if that the case iv just stopped the universe

so the universe expands and gets bigger? does everything get bigger with it then? That would mean the universe is infinite wouldn't it... but how do the scientists know the universe is expanding if everything expands with it ahhhh confusing me thinks scientist just make stuff up conveniently...

Who is to say that the universe began in the first place? Maybe the universe is just in a constant loop and it will start going back on itself and in a couple trillion years we will be back here having this exact same conversation if ya get me?