Topic: The best sporting event?

Hey there guys with so many sports to choose from lately there is always some major sporting event going on on tv now i never no what to watch and what not.. if i did decide to watch every major sporting event on tv i dont think id be doing much else so whats your favorite major sports event? Hopefully this forum thread will give me a couple of ideas of what sports event i should look out for.. :D

Re: The best sporting event?

Id say the sporting event that everybody in the entire world watches is the soccer world cup... i think even Americans play in that too. Many of the major sports events in America aren't so popular outside America.. even though they maybe fun sports maybe Europeans re just stubborn on the sports they watch or something..

Im not really a doc its just my name...

What i dont like about major sporting events is that its like putting the sport thats been played all year long the same in a "label" that for some reason is now a major sporting event where teams must compete for a trophy and that sporting event then draws millions of people intrest and makes the sports associations millions if not billions... and for example football two teams could be in a final competing to win the final but they could have played in another event a couple days ago... so its hardly seeing whos team is best is it? Take for example the world cup as well it has qualifying matches that stretch out months in advance? An excuse to make money yeh?

Gordon i have to disagree with you there i think that sports competition are constantly changing players get better... players get worse and there is always new players being put on team's and old players retiring... but most of all players determination changes and players DRIVE TO WIN. That's why! Yes some sport events seem a bit pointless at times especially if both of the two teams are actually trying to win.. but in the end the team that trains the hardest and wants to win will eventually and that always changing! Also if you are a fan and support a team you want them to always be the best and dominate everything lol.. but that is not always the case but maybe one day hey?