Topic: Will wearing a back support help with posture and back pain?

Guys just wanted to know you opinion on back supports? I recently been getting lower back pain which i am sure is caused by bad posture? If i wear a back support will this help to keep me in good posture and stop back pain? Cheers

Re: Will wearing a back support help with posture and back pain?

You will probably need to get the right back support that is suited to you. Back supports will offer resistance and will stabilize you back in the correct position and help with posture.. Because of the resistance back supports give it will be much harder to slouch. Back supports are a real good idea I used back supports once and they really did help me. Im no expert so its probably for the best that you go see one first to see whether you have any other problems than just bad posture causing your back pain. But overall i think back supports are good!

Im no doctor (despite my name) but i would go see a doctor... and they will tell you if back supports are right for you and will improve your back pain or not. I would also be a real effort to stand up straighter, not to slouch and sit properly.. bad posture always leads to back problems. I guess though that back supports will help you practice good posture and standing up straighter. (Iv never used back supports before on myself)

Im not really a doc its just my name...

What helps with posture are pull ups and hanging from a bar.. it stretches out the vertebrae and also strengthens the back muscles as well... hard to do at first but quickly it gets easier :D