Topic: What are the best running orthotics to buy?

Hey guys I was just wondering if anyone could help me.. I want to know what are the best running insoles or orthotics I can buy. At the moment i don't use anything really remotely good (like i only wear when running some really old trainers that have flat insoles inside them.. no good at all) Im sure as well me wearing these trainers is causing a lot of cramp i get in my feet after i have ran and whilst i run when my feet hit the ground the ground is very hard and my legs seem to jolt?

So i was wondering if i get some running orthotics will it help me run or not? Surely something is better than these rubbish trainers i have at the moment right?

Chriss

Re: What are the best running orthotics to buy?

Hello,

Im a runner and until recently i bought some running orthotics as i was having some real trouble when running with pain and cramps not to mention the impact when i was running and my feet hitting the ground kinda really started hurting.. I found that improving my running  technique really helped me... and buying some specially made running insoles online also helped me. When i say specially made though i dont mean custom made orthotics but ones that have been made specific to sport and running.

So i guess buying a pair of running insoles and improving my technique helped me :D

Ah cool thanks for your answer phil, Yeah i was a bit reluctant to buy custom made orthotics because i didn't know if they would work or not and where very expensive.. i guess i could always buy some off the shelf so to speak insoles from online and if they work use them and maybe get some custom ones later on, OH AND IMPROVE MY RUNNING TECHNIQUE TOO! but how can i do that? how do i know im running wrong or not?

I agree when i start wearing running insoles all pain went away for me.. but it is always a good idea to improve running technique aswell