Topic: How to grow taller?

Iv been searching on the internet for answer to this but cannot seem to find a single bit of useful information on how to grow taller whatsoever.. plenty of bargains to buy a ebook that will tell me how to get taller... but unless i stand on it i doubt it will be much help.
Iv heard though that you can have a special diet that is meant to make you grow taller? is this true? and stretching exercises as well? but how effective is all this? I know not to expect these methods would increase my height by much but does any have any other suggestions or ways i can grow taller?

Thanks peeps!

Re: How to grow taller?

Hi,

I think most of the ebooks that sell the secrets to growing taller are all fake scams. There are no secrets in the medical world. Stretching exercises can work but don't exactly make you grow because to grow you need cellular growth which stop after a certain ages as your growth plates fuse together.
Stretching exercises instead will stretch out the space between joints and vertebrae in the spine making the gap between the bones bigger and the stretches will help to also strengthen the surrounding muscle around the bones and spine meaning this gap doesn't become compressed together again by gravity... i think that why spacemen are taller in space and people are taller in morning as gravity has compressed them together either yet.

Diet will only work whilst your still growing of what iv heard. As you need essential amino acids found in foods rich in protein to promote growth and repair in the cells also you need strong bones for growth so calcium and phosphorus is needed. But to properly absorb these minerals from your food and milk you need sunlight (vitamin D)... A BALANCED DIET THEREFORE IS ESSENTIAL WHILST YOUR GROWING.

Height increasing insoles have been used by some to get taller as well. For those who have stopped growing and have not got time to do stretches...or for those who have done the above methods and want even more height. The shoe lifts work instantly and are adjusted too so you pick what height you want.

Well that's all i know about growing taller anyway :) hoped that helped

Posture is key, like i said in another thread about back pain doing pull ups and hanging from a bar will help you gain better posture adding maybe a couple inches to your height... These are good because not only does it strengthen your muscles that support your spine it also helps to stretch the spine out  helping to correct any bad alignment in it. Eventually if you get good enough you can do weighted pull ups. And i agree with what ricky has to say as well.

You still have a few advantages of being small.. if you lining up to buy something you can run through everybody's legs and get to there first. *THUMBSUP*