Topic: How important do you think technique is?

How important do you think technique is for running? Occasionally you will see some pro runner running in races who obviously haven't got the best running technique yet they still win? How though is this down to them compensating in other areas that helps their run or what?

Im not really a doc its just my name...

Re: How important do you think technique is?

I think that running technique is very important for avoiding injury and to help you run faster and stop fatigue as well. Poor running technique can create a lot of unnecessary pressure and tension on joints in your legs and feet which over time can cause damage. Take for instance plantar fasciitis which is caused by the inflaming of your plantar fascia i think that how you spell it (could be wrong).
By not smashing your feet on the ground but by being light on your feet instead is the recommended technique most runners will advise will keep pressure of the plantar fascia and will help prevent the onset of plantar fasciitis and will not only that but limiting the amount of time your feet spends on the ground will also make you run much faster. That just one example of why technique is crucial.

Re: How important do you think technique is?

Running technique should come naturally and how you comfortably run.. that is my opinion anyway I am probably very wrong though.